We love this vibrant DIY Mickey keyring so much that we’ve made them for our bags, keys, everywhere. Back pack accessories are really on-trend right now so we’ll be attaching them to our school bags before we head back to school. Watch the video and have a go yourself. It’s easy!
What You’ll Need
- Yellow wool (or your fave colour)
- A fork
- A keyring hoop
How To Make It
- Gently wrap your favourite coloured wool around the end of a fork about 50-100 times. The more you wrap the wool around the fork, the fuller the pom pom will be. Make sure not to wrap the wool too tightly. Cut the string of wool to detach it from the ball.
- Cut an additional small piece of wool, about 4-5 inches. Thread the wool through the middle of the wrapped wool and tie a very tight double knot. The wrapped wool should now look like a bow shape.
- Slide the cinched wool away from the fork. Carefully cut the looped sections of wool on either side. You will see the pom pom shape start to appear.
- Repeat steps 1-3 to create a matching set of Mickey pom pom ears.
- To create the bigger pom pom for Mickey’s head, wrap wool around three fingers and repeat steps 2 and 3.
- Carefully tie the two smaller pom poms on either side of the larger pom pom to create a Mickey Mouse shape on a long string. You will need to use a longer piece of wool to place the Mickey head lower than the ears.
- Add a keyring hoop to the string and tie tightly. Attach to whatever you’d like!