Winnie the Pooh and Piglet are besties, along with the bouncy Tigger, and Eeyore (who always manages to find something to complain about whatever the situation). Together they roam the Hundred Acre Wood and get into adventures, both the good and the not-so-good kind.
The Hanging With team decided to use the beloved Pooh and Piglet for some inspired DIY headbands perfect for going on an adventure, or just enjoying some delicious honey from a spoon.
- Bow template for Winnie the Pooh
- Red ribbon for Winnie the Pooh, or blue ribbon for Piglet
- Yellow felt for Winnie the Pooh, or pink for Piglet
- Hot glue gun*
- Optional: Honey bee patch
*Make sure you have an adult present to help with glueing and using scissors.
- Download and print the Winnie the Pooh bow template
- Take your headband and add a small line of hot glue on the outside (Begin glueing ribbon and switch to completed band).
- Slowly wrap your red or blue ribbon around the headband and make sure it’s flat and stuck to the hot glue. Make your way across the whole headband, wrapping your ribbon all the way around.
- Using the bow template, trace this onto paper, and then use this to cut a piece of yellow felt into a bow. Or create your own ears template, then use this to cut the pink felt. Fold it twice to make to make a bow shape and glue it in the middle to make sure it stays folded.
- Glue the centre of your bow or ears to your headband, slightly to the side of the middle of your headband.
- Take a small strip of yellow or pink felt and wrap it around the centre of your bow, or ears, and headband so they stay together.
- Optional: Glue a honey bee patch to the centre of your bow so you’re really like Winnie the Pooh!
- Remember to get an adult’s help when glueing and using scissors.